Okay, so, yeah. I tried to make this blog about the photos. About the photos of how I saw Minneapolis, about how I saw the world. But, today, I realized that the world is more than just photos. I thought that I could do it through pictures because, "pictures say a thousand words"...but words can say more than that. And I believe that I can.
Life to me is more than pictures. I know that I can get caught up in the world of technology. I learned that the world is more than that. The world is more than expressing yourself through virtual media sites. It is more than letting people know how much fun you are having through Facebook and Twitter. Because, yes, people can see you through these types of light, but the best of light is not through how people can see you. It is through how people can enjoy you. That is the most important thing in life...enjoying other people's company...and their wisdom...and their sincerity. It is about truth and reality. And facing what's right smack dab in front of you. That is what life is about. Life is not about being a person you want others to want you to be. It is about being yourself and hoping that others except it. And if they don't? Who cares. Because they don't matter if they don't care. That's what we should all care about. If people don't care, then why would you care about them? If they don't show compassion for you, then why should you show compassion toward them?
Life is life is life. And people are people are people. Unless they care. If they care, than they should mean something. And if they mean something, than they MEAN SOMETHING. Remember that. Yes, pictures show memories and moments...but they don't show how much people mean to you. And they don't know how much people care. Actions are everything. Actions aren't likes on Facebook, or favorites on Twitter. Actions are love. Actions are showing true emotions for the way you feel. And if the ones you care about don't show emotions toward the way you feel, then fuck, they don't mean a damn thang.
My Minnie Life isn't just about my life in Minneapolis, it's a project. About love and life and the way I am growing up in this place that I believe will shape me in to the person I want to be for the rest of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment